Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's Greek To Me

I've never been to Greece, but Greek food is one of my favorite cuisines. This meal was inspired by this Mediterranean country...and the excessive amount of pattypan squash and cucumbers that came from the farmer's market!  Pattypan squash are a type of summer squash, which means they have soft skin that is edible (think zucchini). They taste similar to other summer squashes - I sautéed it with onion and some salt and pepper. Very simple, very tasty. The sautéed squash was served with lamb meatballs (one of my husband's specialties!) and homemade tzatziki sauce, using one of the two giant cucumbers that came from our share.


Lamb meatballs are always a hit with us, and they are very easy to make. We usually serve them with orzo or rice, but the squash and tzatziki sauce was a nice compliment. Pattypan squash is not something that is stocked at our local grocery store, but if I ever see if in the future, I would definitely get it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment