Sunday, August 17, 2014

CSA Week 10

I usually pick up my half share at the farmer's market every Tuesday afternoon. This past week, I went straight home from work, due to torrential rain and flooding streets...so this post is a bit delayed.

On Saturday, my husband and I took a nice little trip to the farmer's market in a nearby neighborhood where our farm also has a stand. This CSA has various pick-up locations in and around Baltimore every day of the week, so if you miss one day, there's always another market another day. The market we went to is actually closer to our home, but it is much harder to commit to picking up produce every Saturday morning than on a Tuesday afternoon. My husband had never come with me to pick out our produce, so it was a nice treat to have him with me. Here's what we picked:

Onions, jalapeƱo peppers, Oriental eggplant, and seedless watermelon!


We also grabbed some breakfast at other stands - Belgian waffles (with the sugar crystals baked in), a chocolate, coconut, and caramel donut, some delicious coffee, and a meatball breakfast panini. Overall, it was a lovely morning at the farmer's market!

No comments:

Post a Comment