Thursday, August 8, 2013

Best Thing I Ever Made: CSA Edition

Have you ever seen the show "The Best Thing I Ever Made" on Food Network? It is a neat concept - chefs and hosts of various shows on the Food Network share their favorite thing that they make. It's usually easy and it's always fun to see what chefs like to make when they don't have to cook for others. Anyway, this post is all about the BEST THING I EVER MADE. Not to toot my own horn, but this is definitely my favorite thing that has come from our CSA. It would be more impressive if the recipe itself was also my own creation, but I can't take credit for it.

Without further ado, here's what you've all been waiting to see: Eggplant Caponata Sandwiches!

Eggplant Caponata is a Sicilian recipe - it can be eaten as a spread, on sandwiches, or even on meat. This sandwich was kind of like a "healthy" sloppy Joe - it was full of veggies (eggplant, peppers, and mushrooms). It was really hearty and filling, but it didn't leave you feeling like all you could do for the next few hours was sit on the couch. It was really easy to make, and in the future, it would be a great dish to make to serve on crostini as an appetizer.  

Here's a link to the recipe: Eggplant Caponata Sandwiches - use with caution! You may never want to cook anything besides this ever again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment