Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ole!

There's not a whole lot to write about these next two meals. However, they have 2 main things in common: they include peppers and are both Mexican recipes! I LOVE Mexican food - who doesn't? We're actually going out for Mexican food tonight...and I've already been thinking about what to get! Fajitas? Enchiladas? Quesadillas? I guess I know what I'll be doing all day at work...planning my dinner.

Anyway, here's what came of the green peppers. Did you know that green peppers are just unripened red peppers? They first turn green, then yellow, then orange, and then red. The longer the pepper stays on the vine, the more red they turn. Dish #1 was fajitas - nothing fancy here, though. This came straight from the Old El Paso Fajita spice packet. 

Chicken Fajitas with Onions and Peppers

And Dish #2 - vegan burritos! This recipe is adapted from Oh She Glows, a vegan blog. One of my friends is vegan, and I had her and her boyfriend, along with some other friends, over a few months ago for a dinner party. I made this recipe and it was a huge hit, even for the meat-eaters at dinner.  The recipe calls for butternut squash, but I substituted with sweet potatoes. Every now and then, I crave this meal...yummmm.

Black Bean, Sweet Potato, Green Pepper, and Brown Rice Burritos

No comments:

Post a Comment